The winners of the ‘Tamborine Mountain Nature Photo Competition’ 2016 organised by ‘Green Island in the Sky’.
have been selected by the jury of Janet Green and Ronda Green, who are commended for their work! Both noted that the quality of the photos was great and that many of the non-winning photos most certainly had deserved to win as well.
The winners in 2016 are:
Rules and Prizes
Read these rules before submitting any photos!
Time frame, winners and prizes
- Submissions ONLY between 1 and 30 September 2016; submissions outside that time frame will be excluded
- for the popular vote, voting is possible after 20 September
- the jury will select a winner in each category, based on quality of the photo (70%) and subject (30%). The decisions taken by the jury are final and no correspondence will be entered into on its decision
- the jury is lead by two eminent experts in the field, Janet Green (NAGRA wildlife support and of Tamborine Mtn Wildlife Pictures facebook page) and Dr. Ronda Green (chair of Wildlife Tourism Australia and Scenic Rim Wildlife, and owner of Araucaria Ecotours)
- each winner will be notified by email around 5 October 2016; he/she will receive the prize, a signed copy of Green Island in the Sky, at the official launch event of the book on the 9th of October. Each winner will also receive a print of their winning photo
- if the winner of the 'popular vote' is also a winner in the jury vote, he/she will receive one prize only
- if a winner has already bought a copy of "Green Island in the Sky", the prize is a refund of the costs.
- each contestant can submit up to 5 photos
- each photo has a maximum size of 5MB, or 2300 pixels width, 1300 pixels height.
- because the popular vote commences on 20 September, it is advised to submit your entries before that date; submission is possible till 30 September, though
- please provide the name of the species and the location when you submit your entry in the box called 'Caption'; other relevant or interesting information can be added in the box 'Description'. After filling in this information and selecting a photo, the 'Add photo' button is used to save your submission in the competition
- contestants of 12 years and younger can choose to submit to either the special 'By children' category, or to any of the five other categories
- all other contestants can select for each photo one of five categories (birds, flora and views, mammals and rodents, other creatures, reptiles and amphibians)
- the photos have to be taken by the contestant ON Tamborine Mountain plateau or escarpment; animals depicted in the photos live in the wild, not as pets or in captivity; garden plants are excluded
- after submitting your entries it may take some time before they show up in the Gallery, because of manual assessment of each entry
- the contestant maintains copyright, but allows the organizers of this competition to use the submission for activities related to this very competition (including, but not limited to, promotion material and media).
- After submitting at least one photo to the competition you will receive an email with your user name and password; you need those if you like to login again, for instance for additional submissions or to vote
For questions and suggestions please use the form under the button 'The author'.